Georgia On My Mind…

I’m writing this final blog post from the comfort of my own home back in Minnesota. It’s crazy to think that ten weeks in Atlanta have come and gone.

It was an absolute joy to work at CNN this summer. The things I learned, the people I met, the experiences I had, I will never forget them.

Key highlights of the summer include: “Shooting the Hooch” (tubing down the Chattahoochee River); dominating trivia every week with the Turn-Terns; hunting all the tiny doors in the city (check out #tinydooratl for more info!); exploring all of the different museums, like the Jimmy Carter Center, History Center, College Football Hall of Fame, and several others; and just about every single day at work.

I wouldn’t change a single thing about this experience. I grew not only as a person, but as an academic, an employee, and an American citizen. I got to experience living in the South for the first time, and learn more about my personal research and career aspirations. I learned how to work outside of an academic environment, and continue to work with materials available to a wide audience, which is something that I am truly passionate about.

Thank you, CNN, for the summer of a lifetime. I will never forget it.