You Matter! Celebrating Intern Appreciation Week.

So many things have happened this week. In the news, Britain elected a new Prime Minister, Robert Mueller gave his testimony to Congress regarding his report on Russian collusion in the 2016 Presidential election, and the Governor of Puerto Rico stepped down amidst the RickyLeaks controversy.

For the CNN Intern program, however, it was Make You Matter Week. Throughout the week, we had various workshops, lectures, and social events meant to help prepare us for a future at CNN, or in the media industry in general. I ended up going to 3: one presentation on financial literacy (the most helpful and relevant to all of our futures), one on CNNAIR (the most entertaining, as we got to learn all about how CNN uses drone technology), and the breakfast social over at Techwood (where we got Waffle House, Caribou Coffee, and got to tour some of the studios for Warner Media Broadcasting, like NBA on TNT). It has been great to get together with my fellow interns and do other things than our usual work tasks.

On the work front, as one of my supervisors is moving up to the Data Science department, I have had a few of his duties transferred over to me for the last few weeks that I am here. That means that the Impossible Task has officially been transferred over (we have all resorted to calling it that). I have also been taught more about migrations between our platforms, intensity configuration, and continuing to work on the tasks I already have. It has certainly been a week.

More than anything, I have been consumed with the Impossible Task. I have learned more about API configuration and how they work. I also sat in on a call that was talking about visual recognition software for videos, which was exciting and different. More than anything, though, I want to see about any headway I can make on the Impossible Task. It will all depend on how much I can do in these last couple of weeks.