Final Blog Post

This will be my final post. My experience at the Mathers Museum has been one of the best experiences I’ve had in a long time. I’ve learned so much about what goes on behind the scenes and how much planning and building goes into making exhibits what they are. I’m really grateful I had the opportunity to be a part of this institution. For most of my life I’ve had no idea what I’m doing or what career path I wanted to take. However, after working here the past few months, I know that I would like to work in a museum. As of right now, I graduate in May and have been looking for jobs daily. I just got an offer at the Monroe County History Center for another internship, and I think I’m going to take it in order to get more experience working in museums. It’s really exciting to finally know what I want to do career-wise. I’m really sad to be leaving the Mathers Museum. This is the first job I’ve had where I actually look forward to coming into work everyday. The people I work with play a huge role in that too. Everyone has been wonderful and accommodating and willing to teach me things when I don’t understand something. I’m going to sincerely miss being a part of this museum.