Week 6!

Another week, another opportunity for growth, reflection, and [insert inspirational word that fits]. This week saw more of the same- working on finding aids, working on instruction manuals. BUT we had a patron request, and it tugged real hard on the ol’ heartstrings. 

For privacy reasons I won’t reveal the names of the patron or the interviews they requested but we had a patron contact us on Wednesday to inquire about obtaining copies of an interview her grandfather gave in the 1970s. She wanted digital copies of the transcript as well as the audio. Nothing too crazy there, pretty common request. HOWEVER. This was a gift for her father for Fathers Day. You might be saying, “Well, Todd, that’s sweet but my heartstrings are not being pulled.” Her father hadn’t heard his father’s voice since he passed away several years ago! 

I know it’s cliche to say something like “And THAT is why we do what we do,” but honestly, it is. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that interaction or that patron request but I will forget the patrons looking for research materials.