Project One Done: Reflections

I’m so excited that the Zotero project is complete!  Feel free to check out the updates on the website.

The main things that I am proud of in this new LibGuide:

• condensing of information, including the removal of outdated features
  • reordering information, leading to an improved information architecture
  • better complying to ADA standards by applying alternative text to all images
  • the use of tabs to group information, leading to pages being less “scrolly” and more compact

Outside of just learning  LibGuides (which was a huge goal for me!), there are two personal achievements:

• I was able to take ownership or a project and make edits with minimal feedback.  I had to trust my own academic training and time management to get this done.
  • I persevered through some major health challenges.  I had major surgery 3 weeks ago and developed a terrible secondary infection afterward.  I began to think that there was no way I could keep pushing forward (a full time job AND full time grad school AND an internship…what was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!).  But I’m doing it! I can’t believe I only have two weeks left.

In these final two weeks, I am excited to move on to my next project: compiling library resources that will be shared system-wide with new graduate students to IUB. I may be creating another LibGuide for this next project, and I will take the lessons I have learned into that work.