Project One: Mission (Almost) Accomplished

I have spent the past couple of days getting more hands-on experience with LibGuides, and I have officially rearranged the official IU guide!  It is live!  Woohoo!

I still need to do some content editing, but I’ve done a significant amount of information pruning already.  The page now looks much cleaner.  Even though I had several thoughts on the IA before getting started, once I got in and started playing around with rearranging pages, things began to feel like they more naturally belonged in other areas.  I attribute this in part to me knowing Zotero on a much deeper level, but there is some intangible thing I cannot put my finger on as to why things just fall into more logical place when you are in the weeds. 

I will be out of the office next week for surgery, but I’m hoping that coming in with fresh eyes the week after will help me see if the new edits I made were for good or ill. I will also begin work on Project 2 when I come back; so, let’s hope I heal well…and not just for project completion purposes!