Handing Off the Baton

This past week I finished my internship with the Library of Congress. I have mentioned before how large the scope of the Disney Film Music Project is, so now comes the time where my supervisor takes over, using the frameworks and processes I helped to create to move the project forward.

My supervisor will continue to use my inventory spreadsheet as Disney music is still being pulled from offsite. This will allow for him to cross-reference his own research and lists with mine in order to know more needs to be done and to prevent redoing any work that is already accomplished. My inventory spreadsheet will also be used by the music catalogers as a way to connect the songs and music to one another, and to identify items that otherwise have very little existing context.

The scores I boxed and rehoused will live on as an example for the rest of the Disney film music collection. Because the rehousing portion of this project is unique to this specific collection (organized by size rather than subject matter), it is important that the scores I worked with will exist as a model for all the music that will come in after I am gone.

And then, of course, the bibliography I created will continue to grow and expand to include the entirety of the Library of Congress’ unpublished Disney music collection. I am very excited for when that gets published and released so I can have it on my bookshelf!

I am thankful for my time at the Library, and am proud of the work I accomplished.