Saying Goodbye (For Now)

Tomorrow is my last day at SoTL and it is truly a bittersweet feeling. I have had the honor and privilege of working at the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning during the entire span of my graduate career. My role within SoTL has evolved and I have had a lot of fun getting to know everyone back in the open office. The entire staff has been so supportive: from brainstorming projects that could be implemented by someone with a MLS/MIS background, to funding me to attend a conference, and even supporting and mentoring me during the job hunt. I feel extremely lucky to know so many colleagues who are in a different field than I, but share a passion for teaching, learning, and education. Tomorrow we will be going over final revisions for the SoTL Network manuscript and I will wrap up my contributions for the SoTL Perceptions paper. Luckily, I will still be able to work with Shannon and CITL in new ways; I recently accepted the Visiting Science Library at IU. Thank you to George Rehrey and Lisa Kurz for introducing me to the world of SoTL. A very special thanks to Shannon Sipes for creating and including me on a variety of projects and offering support in so many ways. I would also like to acknowledge and thank Clinton McKay at OVPUE for mentoring me and guiding me through the SoTL Database. I would not be where I am today without the support of so many.